Since you were looking for self improvement quotes, it means you are someone who constantly wants to grow and sculpture a better version of yourself.
This topic has always been my favorite, and even though I keep failing sometimes in maintaining a self development mindset, I still get up everyday, embrace it and keep trying.
One of the reasons that I keep doing this is because of the principle I developed for life. As I contemplated the meaning of life and the purpose of our existence, I came to a conclusion that the meaning of life is the meaning we give to it. And seeking a life full of development and improvement might be the most profound meaning we can give to life.
Learning is limitless. There will always be things to learn, and things we don’t know.
It is a long journey, and developing ways to not lose this mentality can really speed your self improvement journey. For example: You can keep a self improvement plan or journal where you write your daily small achievements and also write things that keep you motivated.
Here in this article I am sharing with you 50 quotes for self improvement. You can write some of them down, and read them whenever you feel that you need a dose of motivation.
Self Improvement Quotes
- “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”― George Bernard Shaw
- “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”― Ernest Hemingway
- “A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you.”― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
- “Make the most of yourself….for that is all there is of you.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”― William Faulkner
- “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.”― Albert Einstein
- “What we call our destiny is truly our character and that character can be altered. The knowledge that we are responsible for our actions and attitudes does not need to be discouraging, because it also means that we are free to change this destiny. One is not in bondage to the past, which has shaped our feelings, to race, inheritance, background. All this can be altered if we have the courage to examine how it formed us. We can alter the chemistry provided we have the courage to dissect the elements.”― Anais Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin,
- “Most misunderstandings in the world could be avoided if people would simply take the time to ask, “What else could this mean?”― Shannon L. Alder
- “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”― Jim Rohn
- “When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points.”― Confucius
- “I do not believe in taking the right decision, I take a decision and make it right.”― Muhammad Ali Jinnah
- “The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.”― Carl R. Rogers, On Becoming a Person: A Therapist’s View of Psychotherapy
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”― Jim Rohn
- “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.”― Aldous Huxley
- “The mind is just like a muscle – the more you exercise it, the stronger it gets and the more it can expand.”― Idowu Koyenikan
- “Whenever I am in a difficult situation where there seems to be no way out, I think about all the times I have been in such situations and say to myself, “I did it before, so I can do it again.”― Idowu Koyenikan
- “You must have a level of discontent to feel the urge to want to grow.”― Idowu Koyenikan,
- “Be wiser than other people if you can; but do not tell them so.”― Dale Carnegie
- “No matter whether you believe in luck or chance, the final decision is from yourself.”― Stephen Richards
- “If you do not change, you can become extinct !”― Spencer Johnson,
- “Everything is practice.”― Pele
- “there is only one way under high heaven to get the best of an argument – and that is to avoid it .”― Dale carnegie
- “We must become what we wish to teach.”― Nathaniel Branden
- “Where we fall are the stepping-stones for our journey.”― Lolly Daskal,
- “If there is one lesson I’ve learned from failure and success, it’s this. I am not the outcome. I am never the result. I am only the effort.”― Kamal Ravikant,
- “you can measure the size of a person by what makes him or her angry”― Dale Carnegie
- “A barrier is a limitation only when you perceive it as one.”― Stephen Richards,
- “Winning is great, but if it’s not enough then then you’ll never have enough!”― Stephen Richards
- “The act of going within, finding our truth, and then sharing it, it helps us far more than we know.”― Kamal Ravikant,
- “Ask yourself: what is it, that if I believed it down to my core, would change everything?”― Kamal Ravikant,
- “Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”― Lucille Ball
- “It is not as much about who you used to be, as it is about who you choose to be.”― Sanhita Baruah
- “The love of money is the root of all evil, therefore selfishness must be the seed.”― M.D. Birmingham
- You just can’t let life happen to you, you have to make life happen.”― Idowu Koyenikan,
- “Do your best, and be a little better than you are.”― Gordon B. Hinckley
- “We first make our habits, then our habits make us.”― John Dryden
- “I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, ‘Where’s the self-help section?’ She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.”― Steven Wright
- “You willed yourself to where you are today, so will yourself out of it.”― Stephen Richards
- The health of your brain is much more about your actions than your age.” —Dr. Daniel Amen
- “Everybody has talent, but ability takes hard work.”― Michael Jordan
- “The things you think about determine the quality of your mind.”― Marcus Aurelius,
- “He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior.”― Confucius
- “Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor”― Alexis Carrel
- “You’ve got to have rules to live by, and one of mine is always say yes. Put yourself in danger of something amazing happening to you.” —Tom Bilyeu
- “We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.” ― Richard G. Scott
- “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always be where you’ve always been.” —T.D. Jakes
- “You’re either green and growing or you’re ripe and rotting.” —John Addison
- “Growth is actually contagious, so if you want to reach your goals, you’ve got to get around people who are going in the same direction you want to be going, and you will catch the success.” —Dr. Henry Cloud
- “Beginning today, set an intention and a relentless focus on living your life as the greatest person you can be, in all situations.” —Brendon Burchard
- The time is now. Stop hitting the snooze button on your life.” —Mel Robbins
Read more from here about Best 10 Self Improvement Books You Need To Read.
Did You know that the first step to self improvement is to hack your motivation? Here are a few tips about how to stay motivated and combat laziness:
1.Find Your Obsession
If you want to commit to doing one thing, you need to fall in love with it, it must occupy your thinking. So analyze why you are doing this thing, find your ultimate goal and what gets you started, write it down, keep notes around you to not get distracted from it at all.
2.Break Down Your Tasks To Not Be Overwhelmed.
When we have a lot on our plate, we get distracted and overwhelmed. And the beginning point seems lost forever. Always break down your tasks and go step by step.
3.Push Yourself Out Of Your Comfort Zone
Ask yourself why you are procrastinating? What is it that makes you not excited to start the task? Find the answer and then find your way to push yourself. Nothing happens by only wishing, you need to push yourself to get things done.
4.Set More Reasonable Goals
Some days we have a super power hero energy and we set a lot of goals. But we fail to achieve them all. Don’t fall in this trap. Solution? Put reasonable goals and work hard on them.
5.Recognize Your Distraction Stimuluses and Shut Them Out.
What is it that distracting you? Social media? Friends? Whatever it is. Define it and be aware of it. When it starts poking you you will know how to find your way to not obey!
6.Stop Claiming Perfectionism
No one is perfect, and you can’t master it all in one day. Be easy on yourself. It is ok to fail sometimes. But what is important is to never stop trying, and with time you will become strong in all aspects.
Check the whole article from here.